Slewing bearings are widely used in many large construction machinery and equipment, such as our common excavators are one of them. Due to the large workload and complex working environment of the excavator, bearing damage will inevitably occur after long-term operation. The damage of the slewing bearing is generally manifested as abnormal noise, enlarged gap, oil leakage at the sealing device, etc. If the bearing is indeed damaged after investigation, it needs to be replaced in time. Next, the editor of Hengguan will introduce the replacement method and precautions of the excavator slewing bearing.
1. Replacement method of excavator slewing bearing
1. Disassembly method of old slewing bearing
Connect the outer and inner races of the slewing bearing with the boarding and alighting, respectively, remove all the oil pipes on the slewing motor, and seal the head of the oil pipes with a clean plastic bag. Lift the upper vehicle with a crane, loosen and remove the outer ring bolts of the slewing bearing, and separate the upper vehicle from the lower vehicle.
2. Assembly method of slewing bearing
Clean the inner and outer races (including raceways), spacer sleeves, steel balls and bolt holes of the slewing bearing, and place the outer race on the inner race so that the raceways of the inner and outer races are on the same plane Put the steel ball and the spacer sleeve into the raceway through the radial hole, plug the block and install the taper pin firmly; when assembling the sealing device, pay attention to apply sealant to the part in contact with the sealing groove, and rotate The slewing bearing ensures flexible operation; add butter to make the raceway full of butter, and the oil pool of the slewing pinion and the large ring gear of the slewing bearing also needs to be filled with butter.
3. Slewing bearing installation method
Lift the upper car of the excavator with a crane. After the lower end of the slewing platform is aligned with the outer race of the slewing bearing, use tools such as round steel to align the upper and lower cars; assemble the bolts, and the bolts are installed in a triangular symmetrical manner , apply anti-loosening glue on the threads; at the beginning, the bolts cannot be tightened. After all the bolts are installed, use the torque wrench to tighten the bolts one by one; after the installation is completed, start the machine and make it rotate and other actions to check whether there is any abnormality.
2. Precautions for replacement of excavator slewing bearing
1. Choose a suitable site: When replacing the slewing bearing, choose a site with a large space and a flat ground to facilitate the separation and hoisting of the upper and lower parts.
2. Careful hoisting: Whether it is to remove or install the bearing, the wire rope for hoisting needs to be hung well to ensure safe hoisting operation.
3. Tighten the screws and lubricate them in place: when the slewing bearing is replaced, the screws should also be replaced to prevent dark damage, and the replaced screws should be tightened; apply enough lubricating oil to reduce the internal friction of the bearing.
The above is the replacement method and precautions of the excavator slewing bearing summarized by the editor. I hope it will help you. During the daily maintenance and maintenance of the excavator, the operation of the slewing bearing should be checked, and the abnormality should be dealt with in time. This extends bearing life and saves your operating costs. If you have other questions or needs, feel free to leave a message or contact us by phone!