Tips to install slewing bearing
Those engaged in the machinery industry should be familiar with slewing bearings, and they should have some understanding. You must have learned some related knowledge. Today we will lead you to a better understanding of slewing bearings. I think everyone is also interested in how to install the slewing bearing. Next, let’s learn about the main points of the slewing bearing installation guide, so that it can be applied in the future.
1. Before installing the slewing bearing, check the installation surface of the main engine. The support should have sufficient strength, the connecting surface should be machined, and the surface should be smooth and free of debris and burrs. For those that cannot be machined to achieve the required flatness, special plastics with high injection strength can be used as fillers to ensure the accuracy of the installation plane and to reduce vibration. The ring of the slewing bearing has a quenched soft zone, which has a mark S on the end face of the ring. When installing, the position of the soft zone should be placed in the non-load area or the non-recurrent load zone (the plug hole is always at the soft zone ).
The installation of the slewing ring needs to master six magic weapons. Second, when installing the slewing ring, you should first perform radial positioning, tighten the mounting bolts crosswise, and check the rotation of the bearing. In order to ensure the smooth transmission of the bearing, the gear mesh should be checked before the mounting bolts are not tightened. There should be sufficient pre-tightening force when tightening the bolts, and the pre-tightening force should be 70% of the yield limit of the bolt material. The mounting bolts should be equipped with quenched and tempered flat washers, and spring washers are strictly prohibited. After the slewing bearing is installed, put it into operation. After 100 hours of continuous operation, check whether the pre-tightening torque of the mounting bolt meets the requirements. Repeat the above inspection every 500 hours of continuous operation.
3. After the slewing bearing is installed, an appropriate amount of grease should be filled, and the slewing bearing should be filled while filling to make the grease evenly distributed. The slewing bearing will inevitably lose part of the grease after working for a period of time. Therefore, the slewing bearing in normal operation should be refilled every 50 to 100 hours. For slewing bearings that work in high temperature environments or dusty conditions, the period of adding lubricating grease should be appropriately shorter. When the machine is to be shut down for storage, it must also be filled with sufficient grease.
4. Packaging, transportation and storage of the slewing ring: Before packaging the slewing bearing, the inner and outer raceways need to be coated with anti-rust lubricating grease, then wrapped with plastic film, compound kraft paper, and then wrapped with industrial wrapping tape for inner packaging. The outer packaging adopts special wooden box or iron box.
5. The bearing should be placed horizontally on the vehicle during transportation, and measures to prevent sliding and vibration should be taken, and auxiliary support should be added when necessary.
6. The bearing should be placed horizontally on a dry, ventilated and flat place, and should be kept away from chemicals and other corrosive items during storage. If multiple sets of bearings are stacked, three or more wooden spacers of equal height should be evenly placed along the circumference between each set, and the upper and lower spacers should be placed in the same position. Bearings that need to be stored after the anti-rust period should be cleaned and anti-rust treated again.