How to maintain the crane slewing ring?
The slewing bearing is an important “joint” of the crane, so its maintenance is very important. So how to maintain the crane slewing ring?
When carrying out maintenance work, the first thing to pay attention to is the danger of being dragged into the rotating pinion, as well as the danger of crushing and shearing. When performing the following tasks, make sure that when starting the engine to perform the necessary slewing and luffing actions, any maintenance personnel are not in the danger zone between the main boom, the upper car and the reel, or between the exit and the reel. Dangerous areas, except for crane operators (in the driver’s cab).
1. Check the bolts of the slewing ring
1. Before each crane work or at least once a week, visually inspect the bolts on the slewing ring;
2. After the slewing ring has been working for 100 working hours, check whether the bolts are loose or not. Check again at the 300th working hour; check every 500 working hours thereafter; shorten the inspection interval for severe working conditions. If the bolts are found to be loose during the inspection, please stop the construction work and contact the local after-sales service department immediately. The factory or professional technicians will inspect and decide whether to disassemble and inspect immediately.
3. The slewing ring is filled with lithium grease before installation.
4. When replacing bolts, wipe the bolts clean, apply thread fastening glue and tighten them; use a crane in accordance with the requirements of the operation manual and lifting performance table, or check the fastening bolts regularly as required to avoid fatigue damage of the bolts. danger.
2. Routine inspection of slewing ring
1. Regularly check the flexibility of rotation; if noise or impact is found, stop the machine for inspection and troubleshoot immediately, and dismantle and inspect if necessary;
2. Regularly check whether the rotary gear ring is cracked or damaged, and whether the meshing tooth surface has biting, gnawing, peeling, etc.;
3. Regularly check the integrity of the seal. If the seal band is found to be damaged, it should be replaced in time, and if it is found to be off, it should be reset in time.
Three, lubricate the tooth surface of the slewing ring
The slewing ring gear has been coated with anti-rust oil before leaving the factory. The effective period of this anti-rust is generally 3 to 6 months. After the effective period, the anti-rust oil should be coated in time. In addition, during use, prevent the slewing bearing from being directly exposed to sunlight. It is forbidden to rinse the slewing bearing directly with water to prevent water from entering the raceway, and prevent hard foreign objects from approaching or entering the tooth meshing area.
Fourth, the raceway of the sliding slewing ring
The raceway must be filled with grease regularly according to the working environment. After working for 50 working hours, the raceway should be filled with lubricating grease, and then again every 300 working hours. The slewing bearing must be filled with grease before and after being placed for a long time.
If using a steam jet cleaner or a fixed water sprayer to clean the crane, care must be taken to ensure that water does not seep into the slewing ring connection, and then the slewing ring connection must be lubricated. In special working environments, such as tropical, high humidity, dust, large temperature changes, and continuous work, the lubrication cycle should be shortened.
Grease filling should be carried out when the slewing ring rotates slowly. When the lubricating grease overflows from the seal, the filling is completed. The overflowing grease will form a thin film to act as a seal.